For 2021, I've decided to take on the one-game-a-month challenge.
"1GAM" is a self-imposed challenge where I have to develop a brand new game every month. And in order to help me achieve that goal each month, I've decided to use random game jams as catalysts. These game jams offer different themes, restrictions, and timelines each month, which motivate me and help me come up with creative new ideas.
And, in order to keep myself accountable, I've decided to also document each month's game in the form of a video devlog on my YouTube channel. I've branded the devlog series "Game Baking with Andrew-David"!
I've produced four videos so far. The first is an introductory episode:
And the other three cover the games I made in the first three months of the year so far:
The seven games I've created so far (yes, I'm a little behind on creating the devlog videos) are available to play for free on itch.io and consist of:
- Calamixty: A chaotic potion-mixing puzzle game!
- An ExSCOURGEon Through Space & Time: A puzzle adventure game where you control rats by playing tunes on your flute.
- You CANS Do It: A turn-based, tile-based CCG where cans and bottle must do battle!
- Just Defuse the Bomb!!: Go through the chain of command as you attempt to enter a 4-button code in 2 minutes!
- Which Came First?: A silly egg rolling game similar to Super Monkey Ball.
- Culinary Hazard: A game about taking down a robot by feeding it hazardous modules.
- The Posh Show: A wacky WarioWare-style game about posh etiquette.
If you would like to participate in the 1GAM challenge as well, you're welcome to do so alongside me and share your progress on your monthly games on Discord or right here in this forum post! I'll be posting my progress and new devlog videos in both locations as well :)
Stay tuned for more!